Retrieving data from widgets
Hans-J. Ude
2010-08-04 11:01:21 UTC
I know that wxWidgets is a cross-platform system system. My question
only refers to the windows implementation. I wrote a program which
retieves data from other programs (www.wolptec.de) but it can't handle
programs written with wxWidgets yet. Where in the documentation can I
find out which messages are used for low level data exchange, especially
with a kind of list control widget?

TIA,
Hans
Vadim Zeitlin
2010-08-04 16:22:01 UTC
Post by Hans-J. Ude
I know that wxWidgets is a cross-platform system system. My question
only refers to the windows implementation. I wrote a program which
retieves data from other programs (www.wolptec.de) but it can't handle
programs written with wxWidgets yet. Where in the documentation can I
find out which messages are used for low level data exchange, especially
with a kind of list control widget?
wxListCtrl is a wrapper around the standard listview common control so I
don't see why your program shouldn't work with it if it works with list
controls in other Windows programs (e.g. notably Windows Explorer).

Regards,
VZ
http://www.tt-solutions.com/
Hans-J. Ude
2010-08-06 09:16:37 UTC
Post by Vadim Zeitlin
Post by Hans-J. Ude
I know that wxWidgets is a cross-platform system system. My question
only refers to the windows implementation. I wrote a program which
retieves data from other programs (www.wolptec.de) but it can't handle
programs written with wxWidgets yet. Where in the documentation can I
find out which messages are used for low level data exchange, especially
with a kind of list control widget?
wxListCtrl is a wrapper around the standard listview common control so I
don't see why your program shouldn't work with it if it works with list
controls in other Windows programs (e.g. notably Windows Explorer).
I know you are one of the maintainers of the project and know it very
well, but honestly, I doubt that. I don't actually know the
implementation but a standard listview common control is of class
'SysListView32' and there is no such window around. The classname is
'wsWindowClassNR' as my program and others like Spy++ reveal. Like most
other wx-windows too and when I send it a WM_GETTEXT message it responds
with 'control'.

Do you know a document where the internals are described? Something more
detailed than the normal high-level usage. I need to know what happens
under the hood.

Thanks,
Hans
Vadim Zeitlin
2010-08-09 16:41:11 UTC
Post by Hans-J. Ude
I know you are one of the maintainers of the project and know it very
well, but honestly, I doubt that. I don't actually know the
implementation but a standard listview common control is of class
'SysListView32' and there is no such window around.
If you use wxListCtrl, there is and Spy++ does reveal it. If you don't see
it, you are either not using wxListCtrl or using its generic implementation
which is not the default in standard wx build.
Post by Hans-J. Ude
Do you know a document where the internals are described? Something more
detailed than the normal high-level usage. I need to know what happens
under the hood.
Your best bet is to look at the code.

Regards,
VZ