wxBitmapButton with halo from cursor
Peter Johann Brunner
2013-11-05 15:12:14 UTC
I have a class TBC derived from wxBitmapButton.
this can show 4 different wxBitmaps depending on its status.
and it can be klicked.
and my problem is that a halo shows up when i am at it with the cursor.
i want to put the TBCs tight side by side but the halo covers the
neighbour TBCs partially.

In an older version of wxGtk (more tha 10 years ago) this halo was NOT
present.

Is there a possibility to suppress this halo?

the background of this question is:
the program simulates the computer ZUSE Z23 of th 1960's, the first
computer i worked with.
and it has a "Bedienpult" with 3 lines of more than 40 keys in blocks of
10 keys tight side by side. the keys can be released or pressed and can
be lighted or not.

thanks in advance
Pit
Vadim Zeitlin
2013-11-12 21:57:24 UTC
Peter Johann Brunner
2013-11-13 10:10:07 UTC
Post by Vadim Zeitlin
Post by Peter Johann Brunner
I have a class TBC derived from wxBitmapButton.
this can show 4 different wxBitmaps depending on its status.
and it can be klicked.
and my problem is that a halo shows up when i am at it with the cursor.
i want to put the TBCs tight side by side but the halo covers the
neighbour TBCs partially.
In an older version of wxGtk (more tha 10 years ago) this halo was NOT
present.
Is there a possibility to suppress this halo?
Try using wxBORDER_NONE style for them. But if this doesn't work, then
the answer is almost certainly "no".
Yes, this was my first try.
The second was to use Gtk1, it also didnt help.
Post by Vadim Zeitlin
If you really want to have full control over your buttons appearance, you
should create a custom control, this is really the only way to do if you
want them to appear the same in all ports and with all themes.
This was also my idea:
Copy the code of sxBitmapButton and adapt it to my needs.
But until now i didn't try it. No time!!
Post by Vadim Zeitlin
Regards,
VZ
many thanks